Friday, December 25, 2009

elder of the tribe




on the 24th my family had a gathering with my father's relatives. we ate and talked and listened to our elder's stories. his name is art. he was an orphaned child who led a hard life of work and vagrancy. his stories are all interesting and add lots to our gatherings. some highlights of his tales include trading a toilet for a violin, stealing food for himself and his companions, and an almost incoherent telling of how he met his wife. one picture shows our shaman with one of our best braves. the brave, donbro, spent a lot of time with me when we were young. we had adventures as bicycle experts. I played the part of the mage, and he the warrior. another picture illustrates many of my clan members gathered around art. they are all focused on some extremely non-magical items that were being presented to one another. the other picture shows our wise man relating his wisdom in the form of an amusing anecdote. during the mundane festivities, I played the role of chronicler in order to post this cryptic message.

No comments:

Post a Comment