Monday, March 8, 2010

new instrument


this afternoon I was awakened by the sound of my phone getting messages. it was tj. he needed an electric bass and was willing to trade an acoustic one for it. I fixed the aria pro II and we traded. first time I ever traded tj something that I wasn't using and didn't need. the acoustic bass is crap. it looks like someone almost broke the headstock off and it's got nasty sticker stuff in 2 places. the "wood grain" is painted on in the wrong direction. they painted across the grain, so it looks uber-fake. I see why he put a heineken sticker on the head, because it says "playmate" where the sticker was. tj took a "ninja school" sticker off the bass while he was here. after he left, I found it on the bottom of my shoe. hope he didn't want to save it! I just looked up the bass online and it turns out that tj may be the one who painted it with fake wood grain. he said he got it used, so maybe it was the person before him who defiled this instrument. I'm including a picture pre-paintjob.
while he was here, tj showed me the music that he's making with shawn and their drummer. it sounds like marilyn manson doing early psychedelic rock. not that there's anything wrong with that.
I just put in a qfg2 session. some hall practice, defeated the earth elemental, listened to omar, took care of julanar, got the dispel potion, took care of the caged beast. pretty productive! if only I could be that productive in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment