Tuesday, January 12, 2010

indoctrinate u

I just watched half of indoctrinate u on yahoo video. I don't think it's named correctly. it was all about racism at universities. not a very broad subject matter compared to the title. during the first half hour, I thought it might just be part of the documentary, but no. it's all of it.
the verdict:
it gets a 2/10 on the wake-up scale. they talk lots about very little information. makes me want to make a documentary though. just because I know I could make a better one.
MY documentary:
being a poor white boy in small town america.
idea for scene:
I walk into the credit union with money to make an account. flashback to my dad telling me to do so. let him spout for a little while about how good an idea it is. flash forward to credit union, I walk up to the teller and am redirected to the other representative. i am asked if I qualify, to which I reply that my dad is a member. flashback to him telling me how great it is. rep tells me my dad is not a member and because I don't go to church or work on main street, I don't qualify. I thank him for his time and leave.
another scene:
I go to every business in town and ask for an application (hair out). most won't even let me apply. applications are filled out and turned in. flash forward to a week or 2 later. I sit in my room with no job, haven't had a single call about any applications.
repeat process with hair under hat. let's see what happens! does the length of my hair determine how well I can do a job? do they employ female members of the workforce with long hair? what's the difference?

it's so boring to live here! I thought I was bored at my place drinking any potions I wanted, that was comparatively fun! i wish i could just jump in the car and go buy some robitussin. i even wish I was freaking out from taking too much of a good thing. better than sitting here trying to find good videos only to be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment