Sunday, February 28, 2010

blogging for the sake of the blig


I've been awake since 1pm yesterday. my dad just got up like a little while ago and he's leaving by 9am. at that time, my mom should arrive home from her sleepover. she's going to tell me that I should have been there as a chapperone, but I won't do that because the kids that she supervises there are brainwashed little gremlins. she has groups of middle school and high school students that she runs. some of them are book groups and some are anime groups. none of them put a damned scrap of effort into anything they do in these groups and my mom says "that's ok, I'll lock myself in the library with them all night.". something doesn't add up here.
anyhow, my dad is going to some kind of a swap meet flea market type of deal today with one of his few remaining friends. I am hoping that he will spend a long time there and focus on not being here.
his job gets him out of the house less these days too. he used to work a regular 9-5 job at the university of rochester until he got pissed at his boss and decided that wasn't a cool place to work anymore. now he does some type of work that involves preventative maintenance of heating and cooling systems in schools. he is involved in making computer based walkthroughs of all the equipment. he doesn't go out and collect the information himself and he doesn't program the computer, so that brings up the question, what does he do? he may be the one who convinces the schools to use the system, but it turns out that all of the schools are required to use A system this year. he goes to something called "kick off meetings" when they begin to work at a new school. considering his arrogance and lack of any meaningful function, my best guess is that he tells everyone how awesome thinks he is for no good reason.
I am currently unemployed. I spend most of my time hanging out with my rat, playing guitar and watching videos on the internet. the problem is that I end up doing most of this at night when my parents are sleeping. hence, why I am up at such an hour of the morning. I am trying to get my schedule back into what most people would call a normal time frame. I get the feeling that there are not many jobs in this area and with a resume as bad as mine, most of the few that there are wouldn't want to hire me anyway.
so, that's way more info about my crazy family than anyone would ever want to know. I hope you enjoyed the picture of my mom, who until this point has been spoken of, but never had a picture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment